THE PERFECT MARRIAGE OF OLD AND NEW
Quantum Sails is best known for the success of its clients on the race course, and as a leader in the development of sailmaking technology for both racing and cruising sailors who demand the very best. However, it is the same intelligent design systems, engineering expertise, and experience with custom projects that makes us a perfect choice for classic and traditional projects. Quantum has an extensive track record, having taken on projects ranging in size from the Herreshoff 12.5 One Design, to sails for the 300’ square rigger American Eagle, complete with custom bronze clew rings, bunt lines, hand work and chafe strips for striking the sails. Today’s classic restoration and traditionally inspired projects provide a whole new challenge, blending modern materials and design with the best of traditional techniques. It takes careful design and analysis to make sure sails and hardware will work with the structure of a classic yacht.
Quantum’s design team has the experience and the tools. Special expertise in the area of materials, and a complete in house testing facility allow analysis of every option from Egyptian cotton and tanbark, to classic narrow panel cream and tall ship fabrics. Modern performance with traditional aesthetics is the goal. Traditionally inspired handwork and finishing techniques updated to take advantage of modern design and engineering. Quantum craftsman still know how to bring the best of the old into symmetry with the best of the new.
THE QUANTUM EXPERIENCE
It’s one thing to make exceptional sails, but we go further by making your challenges our own. With superior and personalized customer service, we’re with you every step of the way as loyal advisors, friends and fellow sailors. It’s about providing unparalleled customer service and serving as a trusted resource and partner for all your sailing needs. Quantum’s customer care services include:
Find a Loft Request a Quote
- Expert Consultation - To guide you through choices of materials, hardware, sizing, etc.
- Detailed, On-board Measurement - To ensure a perfect, custom fit.
- Collaboration - Your involvement throughout the process, so you know what you are getting and why.
- Sail Installation and Instruction - To fit, fine-tune, and instruct you in use and care.
- Warranty - Simply the best in the business, backed by sailing and service experts located around the globe.
- Long-Term Service - Professional, certified technicians at more than 50 locations to care for your sails and help you get the most out of your investment.